can anybody name a price?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by srekoble, Nov 20, 2010.

1. srekoble

srekoble New Member

Good evening! i would like some help .. i found an old bike.It is a classic vintage bicycle which is somewhat trendy nowdays.
    more specific:

it is a peugeot helium HR22 or HP22 city bike at relatively small size.
    yellow in color.
    produced in france approximately in 1971-1975.

it has been fully restored, the basics parts (brakes, tires, chain) and it is in a good state as a reference of color and the functional parts.

many friends of mine have seen the bike and asked me to sell it to them. but I can not even approximately name a price.here i will need some help of somebody.i would like somebody to tell me a realistic price for this bike.

there is a photo below from the original catalog. i will soon upload real photos ..(sorry for bad english :S)

[​IMG]

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Why don't you just let them make you an offer?

3. srekoble

srekoble New Member

ok..and how do i know if this is a good offer :p? someone offers to me 100 euro,but a friend of mine told me that this bike it may cost 300euro.. there is a big distance among these prices ...which is the more logical?

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

You "found" this bike? Since you didn't state what it cost you, no one else is going to know what you can consider a good offer.

If you're not going to use it, but your friends want it to ride, you shouldn't worry so much about how much you get for it.

5. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Here is a website that deals with old Peugot bicycles. They may be able to help you determine the value. http://retropeugeot.com/

But as Hack said if you are not using it and the person buying it will then heck sell it to them for what they offer or if they say 100 ask 150 and settle for 125 if they say 200 do the same. If they won't budge then heck let them have it for what they offered. It is money in your pocket and they are happy with the bike.