Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a Raleigh Team12 it didnt have those rear brakes on it originally
It had Race type bars with friction shifters on the stem.
If its 40 years old registration is cheaper:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
I believe there is a way to look up the serial number (should be on the bottom of the BB shell) to determine age. My vote is unfortunately that looks to be a late 80's or 90's model

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
found out last night they stopped making Raleighs in Notingham in the mid 70s
Theres a little paper sticker on the top of the bottom bracket that says made in Taiwan:rolleyes: So its got to be made in the late 70s to 80s
Sorry I lost the original pic of it in my phone and the handlebars and stem were rusty as and Ive touched the white up in places with twink

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
registration has just gone up for all motorbikes including mopeds
Before it cost me about $25 for 3 months but the bike was a motorcross bike with a 50cc motor on it and registered as a moped.
wil post a pic of the other bike as I have to start my other PC

Attachments

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Turn the bike over and get the number off the crank housing.

That tells all.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Turn the bike over and get the number off the crank housing.

That tells all.
yeah right that number i quoted up there the other part of the number must be under the plastic guide for the gear cable

the yellow and blue bike has a green sticker put on by the Police i took the motor out to show i wasnt riding it anymore:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks to me like the paint scheme is based on the mid 80s raleigh panasonic team.

it's the same as is featured right at the bottom of radpropaganda Raleigh Team / Pro Frames Timeline

i'm certainly not suggesting it's a team pro frame! just that it's a contemporary frame.
I think you are right and it didnt have a bit of aluminum on the whole bike so it was a budget job with a team paint job

It would be too hard to pass it off as 40 years old thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

i would guess mid to late eighties MTB with Panasonic colours, but not in the correct place/order. Not 40 yrs old......

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts