Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike gave up all it's XT/ Avid goodies for a new to me FS build soooo.....I went thru all the parts I have laying around from owning 14 bikes and upgrading/changing things and brought this back to life as my offroad SS bike. 34/16 gearing. Started life as 9spd HT...........

Attachments

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It very recently became this..............

Attachments

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I am. Have had other SS offroad bikes so I'm prepared with my alternate attack plan for no gear trail action. I have another SS cog like in your avatar with 18t if it becomes necessary.

·
Frickle Frack
462 Posts
The white industry freewheels put the shimanos to shame. The white uses a sealed rebuildable bearing. I have torpedo'd so many shimanos whereas a White is almost bulletproof. It may cost 3 times as much but worth every penny.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for heads up. If I blow my 2 up then of course, it'll get replaced with something stronger.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. I haven't crashed any of them beyond use so they get recycled(pun) into something else. Always one short of how many I need, as the saying goes.............

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
I have some more oldies to post up yet. Haven't added the guitarbike yet (1995 Trek Y-22 full Deore 9spd resurrection) stay tuned.........
There was one of those for sale locally the frame only. I thought about buying it for the 85.00 they wanted. Frame needed stripped and powder-coated pretty badly though.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There was one of those for sale locally the frame only. I thought about buying it for the 85.00 they wanted. Frame needed stripped and powder-coated pretty badly though.
I paid 150 for a very low mileage freshly pivoted and painted frameset with the Fox Alps4 shock. I almost bought another one before finding my 2002 Giant NRS frame, which is where the XT/Avid stuff went to from the Supergo in this thread.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This bike has been tranformed yet again.............1x8 sram setup with gripshift and promax discs. A shimanoless build. Update pics later..............

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Old version of Panaracer Fire XC Pros that had the smaller orange lettering on the sidewalls. Newer ones have bigger white lettering.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.