Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike gave up all it's XT/ Avid goodies for a new to me FS build soooo.....I went thru all the parts I have laying around from owning 14 bikes and upgrading/changing things and brought this back to life as my offroad SS bike. 34/16 gearing. Started life as 9spd HT...........

Attachments

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I am. Have had other SS offroad bikes so I'm prepared with my alternate attack plan for no gear trail action. I have another SS cog like in your avatar with 18t if it becomes necessary.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for heads up. If I blow my 2 up then of course, it'll get replaced with something stronger.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. I haven't crashed any of them beyond use so they get recycled(pun) into something else. Always one short of how many I need, as the saying goes.............

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There was one of those for sale locally the frame only. I thought about buying it for the 85.00 they wanted. Frame needed stripped and powder-coated pretty badly though.
I paid 150 for a very low mileage freshly pivoted and painted frameset with the Fox Alps4 shock. I almost bought another one before finding my 2002 Giant NRS frame, which is where the XT/Avid stuff went to from the Supergo in this thread.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This bike has been tranformed yet again.............1x8 sram setup with gripshift and promax discs. A shimanoless build. Update pics later..............

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Old version of Panaracer Fire XC Pros that had the smaller orange lettering on the sidewalls. Newer ones have bigger white lettering.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Rockshox XC30 with firm coil and WTB Exiwolf 2.1s have also landed on this bike lately

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah, disc only 27.5 fork. Already has ProMax mech discs, just moved front over to new fork...weird and cool thing is they came with levers and the cables/housing are oversize. Fork replaced offbrand that had football needle air spring fill and some gummy stiction monster seals. Much better and simpler with coil. Extra weight neglible. Acceptable tradeoff on this bike..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.