Cannondale CAAD9 6T or Cannondale Synapse 6

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by pkiely, Oct 11, 2010.

1. pkiely

pkiely New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the road bike scene but have been riding my MTB on the roads (different wheel set) for the past couple of years while doing charity runs and have put about 1k miles on the bike. I've since had to stop running due to knee issues and am going to focus on the bike now. I plan to do some group rides and a few charity rides (century) when I'm in the right Bike Shape for them.

I'm shopping for a new road bike and trying to stay in the under $1,200 range. I've been to multiple LBS's and have found two that really seem good and they have both give me multiple bikes to ride and I've narrowed my choices down to the two in the title.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experiences with either bike. I'm trying to gather as much info as possible before making my final decision.

Both bikes rode very well and felt comfortable. I did notice that I sat more upright on the Synapse (as they said I would). I'm really struggling as both bikes felt good for the short (15 - 20 mins) I was on them for the test ride.

The CAAD9 6T has the triple Tiagra and 700x23 tires and the Synapse 6 has the Compact Double Tiagra and 700x25 tires. I'm not sure if the double/triple will matter as my legs are pretty strong from years of long distance running, etc.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

2. velojunkie

velojunkie New Member

I would go for the caad9
    faster stiffer ride very good race bike great race geometry
    synaspe good for super long rides