Two Spoke Forums banner

Cannondale Quick 4 vs Cannondale Badboy vs Trek 7.4 vs Specialized Sirrus Elite

22K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Tao 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, Am brand new here but looking for some advice. I'm about to buy my first bike and I've been doing some research and have narrowed my choice down to one of these four. They all seem suitable for my riding style (commuting to work every day and day trips on the road every second week or so). I'm yet to test ride any of them yet as it is hard for me to get to a bike shop where I live (Japan). By looking at the specs of these bikes is there any one that stands out or any that I should rule out as being not on par with the rest?

Cannondale Quick 4
2011 Cannondale QUICK 4

Cannondale Bad Boy
2011 Cannondale BAD BOY

Trek 7.4 FX
¥¯¥í¥¹¥Ð¥¤¥¯ | 7.4 FX¡Ê2012ǯ¥â¥Ç¥ë¡Ë | ¥È¥ì¥Ã¥¯

Specialized Sirrus Elite
スペシャライズド・ジャパン : Sirrus Elite

These links are for the Japanese site but all the specs are in English.

Any help or advice you could give will be greatly appreciated. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a Quick 6 It is the TimeX of my bikes it just keeps on ticking. I loan it out, wifes friend took it to ride 50 miles a day for a week she realy liked it, my grandsons ride it, I ride it once in a wile. I has never given me any trubble and rides good. I would think the Quick 5 or 4 would be evean better.

#4 ·
I agree that the Quick line is pretty much a no fail bike decision. My Q3 just keeps going through thick and thin. The Bad Boy is interesting but the single blade fork has some attendant maintenance issues. This is going to be an upgrade year for me since I've saved enough to make a significant change now. I'm going to stay with a commuter/hybrid because they fit the kind of riding that I do: city streets, rails to trails, casual overnight touring. I'm seriously considering the Trek Soho Deluxe because of it's belt drive and internal hub and because it now has a front disc brake. And because I just think it's a funky unusual bike that appeals to my sense of aesthetics. The problem so far is in finding one to test ride since they are so non-traditional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.