Cannondale Synapse question?

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Goose5, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Goose5

Goose5 New Member

Is there any significant difference between the carbon synapse frames from 2010 to 2011? Is there any significant difference between Rival 2010 to 2011? I may have found a new old stock deal.

2. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

Sram Rival has not changed... not enough to tell anyhow, if at all. sram's big road change is the apex line. as for the frame i have no idea... will do my best to find out.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

You're not likely to find any huge advances in design and materials, so I'm certain that any change is not going to be a big one. If you found a deal, pull the trigger.

4. Goose5

Goose5 New Member

Something curious is going on here. I have approached two Colorado Cervelo dealers looking to test ride an RS. Both have replied via email that they don't have an RS but they do have the R3 available for test ride. The R3 is out of my price range. So, it looks as if the Synapse is going to win the day. I don't understand what Cervelo is doing with this type of sales strategy. I want to test ride their product, but they are not cooperating. So far. :mad:

5. Tedzo

Tedzo Who put that curb there?

I don't think it is a Cervelo strategy, per se. The bike shop is responsible here for anything that might be going on. Maybe they are just out of stock. That's not unusual.

6. Goose5

Goose5 New Member

That is a possibility, but I am up to three different Denver area bike shops where I have been told the same thing. One shop in Golden, Boulder, and Wheatridge. That is one popular bike indeed if all three shops are out of stock.

7. Tedzo

Tedzo Who put that curb there?

Your right. It must be a conspiracy.

8. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Will thay get one in for you to ride no obligation to buy, that way you will get to ride one in your size. I know our local dealer Tuckahoe Bike Shop would.

9. Goose5

Goose5 New Member

The fourth try comes through. I finally found one. Riding this Saturday if the weather cooperates. I feel I have to ride a Cervelo to be sure. I would also like to try a Look 566 too. I fully expect to come away from these test rides with the same conclusion I arrived at after my Synapse ride. Its a bike. The motor (me) is the most important aspect of the equation. All of them are better than what I currently have. I guess after reading so many reviews from people who have bought some of these models I am looking for that "come to Jesus" moment of THIS IS THE ONE so often described in these reviews. Perhaps many submit these reviews in order to justify spending two or three thousand dollars. Perhaps I just need to choose one and take the next step of a complete fit service. Along that thought the fact of dealership stability is not lost on me. 5 years ago I walked into a shop and found the LOOK model. That shop no longer carries LOOK. This year a shop that carried Cervelo a year later closed them out. They carried Look too. They are closing them out now as well. Excel Sports is closing out Cervelo. Competitive Cyclist is closing out Cervelo. The shop that I bought my Cannondale 3.0 some 22 years ago still carries Cannondale. Perhaps that stability is something I should be considering for future needs.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011