Cannondale vs. JAmis

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by snail, Apr 9, 2010.

1. snail

snail New Member

I am a 53 yr. old female long time rider- mostly road or paved or gravel trails. Some hills. Bike was stolen (Trek)- loved it but now must invest in a new hybrid. I seem to have narrowed it down to a JAmis 3.0 or a Cannondale Quick 6. Any comments or suggestions- price range can be up to + or - $700.
    Thanks

2. goldentouch

goldentouch New Member

Both are good bikes but don't rule out the Trek. Ride all three and then choose.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Giant will always be the value winner. Between the two that you mentioned (I haven't looked at the specs, honestly) I'd guess the Jamis might be priced better, but the Cannondale may have an edge in quality. While I own a Cannondale, I'm not a huge fan, due to some of their proprietary components.

The truth is that you have to ride them all. Under $1,000, you're not likely to find a huge difference from brand to brand.

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I have a Jamis Explorer 2.0 and a Cannondale Quick 6. Thay are verry different The Quick 6 is a low end bike but it proforms with out a hitch. The Explorer 2.0 is more a comfort bike. You said a 2.0 but not the name Jamis ?? 2.0 ? Jamis makes a Something 2x hibrid that is a verry nice bike, I just can't think of the name. By the way I baught the quick 6 of craigs list for $200 it was 2 months old . I have about 600 miles on it, it is like a Time X :D The bike I was thinking of is a Jamis Allegro 2X msrp $750 like this bike a lot.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  5. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Did you check out the Jamis Allegro 2X, not the 2.0, and did you get a new bike ??