Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was thinking about buying the Canyon nerve mr 8 (Canyon | Mountainbikes | Nerve MR 8.0) I struggled to find any owners reviews - and so.. here is my experience to plug the gap :) For my background, I'm primarily a road cyclist but occasionally mtb, and bike being replaced was marin mount vision. I wanted to pick up the bike in person (I live in Luxembourg) but it didn’t appear as an option when ordering - however, in pre-delivery email it was flagged that I could pick it up at store. Given I'd paid for delivery by this point - I just got bike delivered. It took 2 weeks to arrive, slightly ahead of expected date. Careful when you order a bike - some models have long lead times on them.

Bike came packed very well, and took 20-30 mins to setup - I needed to switch brake levers over - but they were reversible and was 1 min job. Bike came with a big pile of manuals and marketing material - which told me everything but the right pressure for the suspension - but found that on the net. The canyon sizing tool put me just into the large scale, due to my inside leg, I'm 6ft and find the large a good size, certainly on the larger end of whats good for me - can imagine that other people my size might want a medium. Bike comes with XT/XTR mix, its very effective, excellent, and bike is certainly light.

Geometry is quite different from my mount vision (which is an XC bike) - its more like my road bike - easy to get real power on the pedals - I don’t feel like I sit back on the bike like I do on usual mtb - and I guess that’s due to it being more of a marathon bike. Its great on uphills and trails - but geometry is not ideal for steep downhills since you feel a bit far forward on the bike. I read that suspension was supposed to be super stiff - I find it just right - and think I'd find softer frustrating actually - it’s a good level of feel. I'm not overwhelmed by the brakes - they are pretty squeeely and little on the spongy side - but they are effective. In summary, I'd certainly recommend Canyon, website is clear, delivery is good, I'm really pleased with the product, its better finished than my old bike.. - and - looks great! cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts