Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I love BOTH Minis, DBB. Any interior shots of the old one? From what I see, there's been quite a bit of work put on the inside as well.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
I saw those all over the place in the Japanese disaster footage, no I kind of want one.

You like it?
Yeah I've had it for about 1 1/2 years and have about 70,000 on it now with no troubles. Mileage is about 30 average but it is square and I drive like a jackass. One of the things i liked best was how the interior actually retains nearly all the prototype's style. I hate it when prototypes look so badass but then get ruined in the final product.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Love those minis. I used to see a woody like that on my way to work, sitting outside under a tree. Haven't seen it in a while though, hopefully it found a better home.

Nice thread, here's (most of) my fleet:

My daily driver. 1990 BMW 325i, the first Bimmer I ever rode in, known it since it was brand new. 342,000 miles on the original unrebuilt drivetrain and still ticking (barely). Due to be retired soon :(

My garage queen. 1986 BMW 745i Euro-spec. Factory turbocharged, 150mph Autobahn bomber.

Our "truck", getting ready to head home from an Ikea run. I have to tear it apart this weekend for head gaskets, timing belt, water pump, and CV boots. Thank god I work on my own stuff, otherwise I'd probably have to get rid of it.

2006 BMW 330i on a rainy track day at Lime Rock Park, CT. It will be replacing the white car as my daily driver soon.

Edit: Uno mas, my '84 318i restoration project; big plans for this one. I have to sell the black car before I can get started on it though.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Yeah I've had it for about 1 1/2 years and have about 70,000 on it now with no troubles. Mileage is about 30 average but it is square and I drive like a jackass. One of the things i liked best was how the interior actually retains nearly all the prototype's style. I hate it when prototypes look so badass but then get ruined in the final product.
Dang! I bought my xB new in 2006, and it's just hit 50k.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So here's the interior in my green mini

Here's the white old school mini

Here's the morris woody

And here's my morris van.

Should have cleaned them up a bit before I took the pictures but I didn't. As the weather is getting nicer the green mini and the morris traveller will come out of the garage more, and be cleaner. My morris van and the white old school mini get driven year round.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did I spot some Stoptech brakes peeking out behind those wheels as well?

Edit: NVM, just saw the top pic. Didn't pop up on my phone before.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Dang! I bought my xB new in 2006, and it's just hit 50k.
I drive 30-60K miles a year for work. The Toyota Yaris I traded in on the Cube was 2 1/2 years old and had 131,000 on it. It take a $2,500 spanking on the trade due to miles.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I guess that splitting my commute between car and motorcycle makes a big difference too. I know a process server that put over 100k on his Chevy Sprint in one year, but he pretty much lived in his car.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Thay have a new track here in Millville N.J. we went to the Rolex there a cupple of years ago to see the new track, I was realy suprised to see how good them minnys run. My son has a BMW Z4, M roadster and he tells me how good it runs, but the minny were spanking there a$$,
I just have a 64 dodge in the shead as I can't race any more but it ran good when I did race it, 10.08 132 in the 1/4 . thay don't give us a 0 to 60 mph time but there is a program that gives it to you. my son's Z4 0 to 60= 4 sec my 64 Dodge 0 to 60= 1.9 sec

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts