Carb Boom vs Hammer Gel

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by Xela, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I have been using Carb Boom gel packs for in-ride fueling for years now with what I feel is good results. I wouldn't even consider switching, but I have a racer friend who swears by Hammer Gel. Said he used to use Carb Boom, but is totally hooked on Hammer Gel now.

This wouldn't be a big deal if I could just go to a local shop and pick up a Hammer Gel and try it, but no place locally carries it. Therefore, I'd have to order it online, so I thought I would see if you guys had an opinion on the comparison of the two before ordering any.

Thanks!

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I'll follow up on my own post. I pulled the trigger and tried some Hammer Gel. It seems to act fast and the raspberry is delicious! Also, it's not quite as thick as the Carb Boom. I am happy with it so far.

3. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

I also prefer Hammer gel.
    It doesn't take as much water to wash the "medicine" taste out of the mouth.

Hammer also sell very good supliments. I use some of them when I run marathons. I am pretty thin and do not "carry" enough salt and other electrolytes in me to finish the race. Hammer every few miles got me to the end of the marathon without cramps, which I am very prone to.