Carbon Fork

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by J_cub, Jun 8, 2009.

1. J_cub

J_cub Guest

I've been considering a few different road bikes with a steel frame for my next purchase. One of them being a Lemond Zurich with a carbon fork, as well as an Italian frame with a steel fork. Can anyone offer an opinion on carbon vs steel forks with respect to handling and ride?

2. Doc

Doc Guest

Personally I would go with the carbon fork, you will save a lot of weight that way and personally I like the look ;)

3. BigDumbBear

BigDumbBear New Member

The carbon will be lighter and more responsive. The steel fork will be heavier and more of a cushion, not to mention being more durable. It all comes down to your type of riding and what feels best to you.

4. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Carbon is the way to go. It will be very stiff for out of the saddle climbs yet very light. It is just as durable as a steel fork and will absorb bumps, etc incredibly well. Go carbon, you will not regret it. The Zurich is an incredible riding frame and they wouldn't spec it out with a carbon fork for no reason.

5. jb2

jb2 Guest

Another vote for Carbon. The weight savings alone make it worth it for me. I'm all about weight reduction so long as it can be durable.

6. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

Non issue... carbon