Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me this isn't weird. Yesterday I was sitting here at work thinking about this past weekends ride and said to myself that it sure would be nice if there was someone that lived close to me that I could occasionally ride with. There are a lot of riders in my general area but they are all seasoned riders that are WAY stronger and faster than I am.

Fast forward to yesterday evening. I'm in the back yard cutting grass and out of the corner of my eye I see my wife waving her arms at me. I cut the mower off and she says there are two guys at the front door riding bicycles that want to talk to me.

Turns out they both live in the front of my neighborhood and have seen me go by with the bike in the back of the truck several times and were hunting me down to see if I wanted to go riding with them. Is that cool or what? Two riding partners within a 1/4 mile of my house and I didn't know it. Couldn't ride last night, but we exchanged phone numbers and I know what houses they live in, so a ride will be coming shortly.

·
Two skinny J's
21,183 Posts
That's what it's all about Jon!! That's so cool! Group rides in da hood!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Awesome, I'm trying to hook up with a few people as well, but my, my wife's or my kids' schedules, or theirs seems to get in the way so far:mad:

Way it goes I guess

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
Awesome.

I miss riding with others but my schedule is so erratic that while I might enjoy riding with others when it is convenient for me, I'm not dependable as a regular cycling buddy for others.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I see alot of people near me riding. I only know two other people that ride serious and they're seasoned and I hate holding others up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts