Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rat Biker
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made a post a while ago about wanting to get a fat bike going a different route.
I'm looking at cargo bikes now specifically long tails. The one that caught my eye the yuba kombi. I'm not getting the electric to start I'll be getting a mid drive kits easier on the wallet this way for me plus I like spinning wrenches.
Anyways wondering if there are any kombi owners on the forum what are your thoughts on the bike overall?

Reactions: newleaf150

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,100 Posts
Never rode one, never even saw one in real life, but if it had a motor, it would be a lot easier to ride when hauling all my camera gear up and down hills ..... but sorry, just posting to hear myself talk. I have no valid or worthwhile experience specific to that bike.

That means, on this site, you will be the expert. We will expect full reports regularly.
:D

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,771 Posts
That's a sweet looking ride. I dig cargo bikes but haven't found a way to justify one just yet. I'd love to hear about how it works out. Are you getting the extended length panniers to go with that looong rear rack, or doing something else?

·
tall old member
1,518 Posts
If I was going to get a cargo bike I would probably go with the Surly Big Dummy. With a name like that what’s not to like?

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,771 Posts
If I was going to get a cargo bike I would probably go with the Surly Big Dummy. With a name like that what’s not to like?

The only thing cooler than a Surly Big Dummy is the Big Fat Dummy which offers fat tires. You might not get anywhere fast, but the ride would be fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts