Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I have reached a plateau in my riding and want to continue to try and become faster and stronger. Got a Bowflex to help with overall conditioning but want something more cycling specific.

Broke down and ordered the Carmichael Time Crunched Cyclist book a few minutes ago. I had originally went to his site to order the book and I was good with the 19.95 price tag and some shipping. I cancelled my order when I got to the checkout and they wanted 12.67 to ship it UPS Ground!! Ended up getting the book and shipping for 14.95.

As I see it they screwed themselves out of a sale by being that greedy!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
So how are you liking the bowflex? I'm at the similar place you are knowing that I need to start working on my entire body, not just my legs.

I look forward to hearing what you think about the Carmichael training book. Have thought about it a couple times myself. If you like it I'll probably pull the trigger and get it.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man I LOVE the bowflex! Honestly it's cutting into my ride time a bit. I have decided to back down if not quit anymore leg work during the summer...it actually feels like it is hurting me a bit. Legs feel like they get tired much faster...In just a few short weeks I can tell a difference in my core and shoulders which has translted very nicely while riding.

I refused for a long time to buy books like that. I was of the mind, if I ride it will come. I have changed my mind slightly now, I have a goal and right now have stalled in reaching that goal. Been a few factors in that this year tho :(

I'm hoping the book will concentrate power and speed work. It seems like my time to ride gets less and less. It has been a busy summer so far and more things on the books that will hinder me somewhat.

I'm already planning for the winter. I did little to nothing this past winter and paid dearly for being lazy and not wanting to ride more in the cold....got a change that.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhh...now that hurt :)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts