Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up a pair of hybrid bicycles and plan on using them a bit. I looked around the Internet and found cell phone mounts, but can anyone recommend a good one? Most of them have pretty bad reviews.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That helped.

I figured that it would work well with the workout software, GPS and maps that I already have on the phone. Why reinvent the wheel? Apparently it is a bad idea or at least frowned upon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Samsung Mesmerize (Galaxy S).

Nope, no phone calls or text messages while riding. I hate text messaging in general, and don't see talking on the phone and maneuvering a bike to be a good combination of brain activity. I am a guy after all, and cannot multitask.

Glancing at maps and trip info could be useful though.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I'd look for an inexpensive car mount, and modify it to work with the phone you have. MapMyRide has one for the iPhone, but with the sensor it's $120, which might be a bit too steep.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I saw one a month or so and will be looking for it again in a day or so. I have an android phone that I use to log my rides with. I've been just turning it on and putting the phone in my pocket, but now that its summer my riding shorts don't have pockets so need to find a mount.

The one I saw was around $35. When I find it I'll post it here.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I did a eBay search for a iPhone bike mount and a ton popped up. May have to pick one up...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Amazon has some too, but I am not sure Id want to risk my phone on them. A cheap GPS maybe better than trying to mount your phone. IF something happens and you need to make a phone call in an emergency situation, you don't want a low battery from using the phone to navigate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use a RAM mount. If you put everything together correctly it's almost impossible to loose your phone.

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
mount it IN your SEATBAG, locked and on mute. Then enjoy the RIDE. :)

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
I ordered one from eBay a few weeks ago for $9.95 (+ s&h) that comes from China. It's white, so it matches my bike, and it's rain tight, which is what I was looking for. It isn't very heavy duty like some that I have seen, but you get what you pay for. The only thing that I don't like is that you can't have any type of case on the iPhone or it won't fit. I haven't mounted it yet but I'm sure it will do until something better comes along. Don't really feel like dropping $50+ on a cell phone mount when I can put the cell phone in my jersey pocket, if need be.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts