Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we rode in the 4th annual Northern Neck RiverRide and I was honored to start the ride with a 67 year old Senior Olympic winner, Jimmy. I had paid no particular attention to his bike until we were about 10 miles into our century. The wind was very strong again yesterday and at the start it was 70 degrees and 74% humidity, pretty comfortable start;even tho it ended up well into the 90's. The first rolling hill we came to I caught Jimmy out of the corner of my eye coming up fast on our left (group of 4 of us started together), my first thought was wow why the rush ? Then I saw it Jimmy was on a fixie !!! My jaw hit the ground ! By the time we caught up to him( yes he averaged 20-24 mph) at the first stop he just asked how it was going ?! This man is so awesome and humble it was just so amazing to see him do the things he did at 67 years old on a fixie ! I believe he did 5 1/2 hour century on a fixie ! The man is an animal ! I had to laugh, he said going up hill was not near as bad as going back down at 30 mph or so. The man is just awesome !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts