Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound silly but I'm asking for opinions. Looking at buying a new bike, used, and am at a decision making point. So which one or neither is my question. 2007 cervelo soloist time trial that has been converted to road. It is full ultegra but the shifters are 105. I've seen it looks super clean rides smooth for 1000 cash. Or 2006 cannondale synapse with dura ace and ultegra. Same thing great condition for 750. Any tips? Or should I just wait and continue with my ride which is 2009 Fuji roubaix pro with tiagra.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
If I saw a TT bike "converted to road", I would run (or ride) in the other direction just as fast as I could. I suspect the geometry is not so friendly for much more than flat out hard riding.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Matte Black with black lettering.

Mine is Matte Black with white lettering.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
what color tape did you go with?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just black. I like the all black look. I've got another bike that's colorful. It's a red Fuji with white forks and red tape. Looks sharp too. I took the synapse to the shop for a complete overhaul as well. The bb was making some funny noises. Oh man I'm thrilled about this purchase though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah i would like to learn more about all the inner workings so I can do it myself.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Davereo your synapse looks amazing as well. I like my bikes to look good but if everything is smooth when I'm riding then I'm happy. They get dirty quick though cause I ride everyday.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
You are going to find that the matte black really gets dirty fast. Every drop of sweat and sports drink shows.

I have mine in the garage half a part right now. I had a problem with the front deraileur. The mounting tapped hole became stripped and the deraileur was moving around. I ordered a new one on Amazon and removed my crank while I had the chain off so I could clean and grease the bottom bracket. My chain and RD have been cleaned as well and the chain is layed out on newsprint with a good dose of chain lube. I will have it back together and on the road by the weekend. I have two other bikes to keep me busy also. A Fuji Roubaix and Cannondale CAAD 9.

The Roubaix I just picked up on Craig List as a swap for a mountain bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
image-561296234.jpg

Yep almost just like mine. Maybe a year difference. Ha I picked it up on Cl also and have done all the maintenance myself. Any major problem I could need help though. But now that I have two bikes I'll be able to tear one down and still have one to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What are the wheels on the Fuji? I like those spokes. Only difference with mine is red tape. And the stock Alex wheels have actually been really good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts