Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PureFix Fun
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Not sure if i need a new chain or a new Derailleur. This has just started and i want to find out what it is before i buy that whole new system. I first want to know it its just the chain, which i don't think it is. When i start to pedal, thee entire system works like it should, but my rear wheel is NOT moving. Ive applied a degrease to get rid of all the grease and what nots, but It might have to do with a bearing or something with the cassette. I'm gonna post some video to help explain my situation. Any advise before i fork out more dollar signs would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
When i start to pedal, thee entire system works like it should, but my rear wheel is NOT moving.
Then it's not working like it should, since the drivetrain's singular purpose is to set that back wheel in motion. Are you saying you can spin the cranks (forward :rolleyes:) and the wheel does not turn? We'll need more details, including exactly what kind of hub you have.

·
PureFix Fun
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i took the bike into the bike shop and found out the device that keeps the rear tire spinning when pedaling was full of debris and grease. Tech cleaned it out with some degeaser, wiped it down as well as the chain. He thinks he fixed it. Road 10 miles this evening and didn't have any issues. He only charged me $10 for the easy fix. He said if it continues to bring it back and replace the entire wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts