Chain Hangers

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by gpshay, Sep 17, 2009.

1. gpshay

gpshay New Member

I have been searching the web for a chain hanger. It doesn't seem like they exist. Does anyone know where I might find one. thanks glenn in phx

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

What's a chain hangar? Derailleur hangar perhaps?

3. Biker

Biker New Member

I've never heard of it either.

4. gpshay

gpshay New Member

chain hanger

A chain hanger can be found on some bike models. Its a little braze-on located on the right seat stay that is designed to hang the chain on when you remove the rear tire thus keeping the chain out of the way. I was hoping to find a clamp on type. someone has sent me an email saying Rivendell may have one if so thats the only one in existance that i have found so far. glenn in phx

5. crazystreet

crazystreet Guest

You could get a couple of those metal loop clamps that you tighten with a screwdriver and make them go over the base of some sort of hook you could probably find at home depot / builders square / walmart?

6. Biker

Biker New Member

You learn something new every day.

7. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

.......................................................................................................

8. Biker

Biker New Member

Now I know 2 things. I'm the worlds smartest man now!!!!!

9. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

My '05 Dakar XLT came with the hanger; use it about 2/3 of the time, cuz I've never had one before. (Except, of course, for the one I made for an old HT, made it from the metal retaining strap from a coaster-brake bike and an old derailleur pulley wheel.)