Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the web for a chain hanger. It doesn't seem like they exist. Does anyone know where I might find one. thanks glenn in phx

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I have been searching the web for a chain hanger. It doesn't seem like they exist. Does anyone know where I might find one. thanks glenn in phx
What's a chain hangar? Derailleur hangar perhaps?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chain hanger

A chain hanger can be found on some bike models. Its a little braze-on located on the right seat stay that is designed to hang the chain on when you remove the rear tire thus keeping the chain out of the way. I was hoping to find a clamp on type. someone has sent me an email saying Rivendell may have one if so thats the only one in existance that i have found so far. glenn in phx

·
Registered
20 Posts
You could get a couple of those metal loop clamps that you tighten with a screwdriver and make them go over the base of some sort of hook you could probably find at home depot / builders square / walmart?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
.......................................................................................................
the late great Sheldon Brown said:
Some bikes have a small brazed-on peg facing inward near the bottom of the right seat stay. This is intended to support the chain when the rear wheel has been removed for some reason. This is, in practice, a pretty useless feature.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
My '05 Dakar XLT came with the hanger; use it about 2/3 of the time, cuz I've never had one before. (Except, of course, for the one I made for an old HT, made it from the metal retaining strap from a coaster-brake bike and an old derailleur pulley wheel.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts