Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suspecting of my chain rubbing on part of the rear derailleur and finally took it apart and found evidence this. You can feel the indention it has made near the guide pulley.

Is this something to worry about? It's starting to get to where I can hear it and feel it in my pedals under slow, light pedaling.

Any advice on how to correct this?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I can't see the rub verry well, if that is it at the top, it might be a B screw ajustment, but maybe it is time for a trip to a good bike shop.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
You pic looks like you have a long cage RD. It's possible that the cage is bent. You cn check to see if it's bent by laying a ruler across the length of the cage plate. Sometimes a slightly bent cage won't effect your shifting because the top jockey wheel is still inline with the wheel cogs.

Do you have the correct chain on your bike? If your bike is 10 speed and you installed an 8 speed chain it could rub in th RD because it is a wider chain that will float more on the jockey wheel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
davereo said:
You pic looks like you have a long cage RD. It's possible that the cage is bent. You cn check to see if it's bent by laying a ruler across the length of the cage plate. Sometimes a slightly bent cage won't effect your shifting because the top jockey wheel is still inline with the wheel cogs.

Do you have the correct chain on your bike? If your bike is 10 speed and you installed an 8 speed chain it could rub in th RD because it is a wider chain that will float more on the jockey wheel.
Took it by the shop this morning and the guy wrenched on it for about 30 seconds and it was fixed. I asked him what he did too it but he kinda mumbled and said oh just adjusted [incoherent]...

Seemed to be something easy to fix if you know what to turn ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts