Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a weird rubbing sound coming from my left disc brake since I got the trike and then yesterday AM the brake was dragging. Used the red knob (Avid BB-7) to adjust pad clearance and then lifted the wheel off of the ground to check for how easily the wheel would spin and. . .

The wheel nearly fell out of the drop out!

Either from riding (only about 85 miles now) or poor PDI/build by the shop, the bolted skewer wasn't tight! Used my multi-tool to tighten everything up, checked the other side and readjusted the brake.

Just a heads up to remember your routine hardware check!

Mr. Mechanic, what do you think? Poor build at the shop or loosened over 85 miles?

·
73 Posts
could have been an oversight and thankfully you found it before it caused a major issue. Might be a good idea to mention it where you got the trike from, no mechanic is infallible and as tough as it is to here something wasn't done correctly, there is only one way to learn. And that is by finding out!!!!!!!! :)
Let them know and everyone will have learnt from the experience and hopefully it won't happen again in future for anyone :thumbsup:

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
The mechanic gets all the blame , evean if when he was putting the bike togeather, the phone rang, he got that, some one came in, the salesman was out with a custmer, he took care of that, a rider came in with a flat he took care of that, O yea and built the bike inbetween. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy that owns the shop rides his mechanics hard. Like, no breaks, in the middle of a repair they have to fit a customer to a new bike, etc.

I have a feeling since he's the only game in town for about. . . .45 miles, if they want their job, they'll put up with it.

I do enjoy getting to know my bikes, I'm not upset, just surprised. I would have figured something else would have been left loose instead, you know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts