Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I everyone. I was looking to buy a new set of clincher racing wheels and I came across this Chinese company called Toptech. Their 27AC model seems incredibly cheaper and lighter than most branded wheels like SRAM and Shimano. Has anyone had any experience with Chinese set of wheels and know if they are with the money?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I recently purchased a pair of Chinese wheels and they look really bad. I'm planning to return them. Be sure to buy from a trusted vendor who will give you your money back if the wheels don't meet your standards.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
qmsdc15 said:
I recently purchased a pair of Chinese wheels and they look really bad. I'm planning to return them. Be sure to buy from a trusted vendor who will give you your money back if the wheels don't meet your standards.
Who did you buy them from?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I everyone. I was looking to buy a new set of clincher racing wheels and I came across this Chinese company called Toptech. Their 27AC model seems incredibly cheaper and lighter than most branded wheels like SRAM and Shimano. Has anyone had any experience with Chinese set of wheels and know if they are with the money?
Don'tcha think that if SRAM/Zipp or Shimano could make wheels "incredibly lighter" that were also SAFE, they would do it?

If you buy cheap crap from China you have little, if any, recourse if/when the part fails catastrophically. Keep in mind that China has few product safely laws, almost no environmental laws, and is not subject to US or Euro laws about liability. You pay to have a US, Euro, or Taiwanese brand name on bikes, wheels, and other bits, but you also have a company with liability insurance and a strong reason to make sure the parts they sell are safe.

Personally, there is no way in hell I would do a 45mph decent on a pair of no-name Chinese wheels.

BTW: TopTech, I just discovered, is also known as Yishun - a company that spammed the holy hell out of RBR earlier in the year trying to sell their cheap crap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone actually bought a set of wheels from these toptech guys to know what their stuff is like? Or would I be the ginny pig?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was particularly interested in the toptech 27AC alloy clincher model. it weighs just 1390g. Anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in doubt if I should get a set of Vuelta Corsa Superlites which weigh 1500g or the toptech chinese that weigh 1390g. The prices are almost the same... Anyone out there owns a set of Corsa Superlites and would like to give an opinion?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts