Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have am old mongoose bmx sitting in my shed...a few years ago i got the idea to make it into a chopper somehow and use it for around town and to get to the beach as a break from my mountain bike....the problem is im a little unsure where to start....basically i want to get some apehangers and longer spring style forks for it and possibly a banana seat...

other stuff like a paint job, wider rear tire, and smaller front tire will come later, but right now, im just not sure where to get parts....nirve has a pretty limited selection, but i like what i see...the problem is that i fear conflicts in sizing and whatnot...where should i go/look for parts? id like to be able to physically go to a shop, but the bike shops i frequent typically only have mainstream mtbk, bmx, and road parts...any suggestions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, i never found anything out and i basically put that whole thing on hold because now im just using that bike to get around campus since i have no qualms about leaving it out in the rain all the time...i hope i can do it come day though. hopefully this summer ill build a chopper out of that or possibly an old beach cruiser frame...
if i ever do ill be sure to document the whole thing and get it up in a thread here

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
do you have a local bike co-op or someting similar that might be a source for cheap/free parts?

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
What size is your headtube? Electra makes a springer fork for their cruisers, has a 1" steerer.

Be prepared to go through headset bearings faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts