Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Chris is already more than three minutes back on just stage two of the Dauphine. I feel bad for him but for his sponsor's sake, isn't time to hang up the cleats? He's too old to recover from such a devastating injury. The only one I can think of with similar injuries, who returned to the "highest" level was Marco Pantani. That was lower leg and he was 25.

·
Old, fat, and slow
851 Posts
I haven't yet watched any of the Dauphine .... but if I were capable of earning a paycheck by riding a bicycle I am not sure I would want to quit .... I'd make them fire me.

Just kidding, but only sort of.

·
1,859 Posts
I never liked Froome. Funny there’s no mention of his supposed asthma in his autobiography. The salbutamol episode was a disgrace. He did nothing for years and then got good overnight. Dude is dodgy. His career can’t end soon enough.

·
Old, fat, and slow
851 Posts
My assumption is that Israel Startup hired a bunch of "names" to attract more startup cash, not expecting them to necessarily win, but to gain TV time .... which has sot of worked out with Mr. Froome,.

Let us recall, that on the fifth stage, when Mr. Froome proved unable to climbs small hills ... 41-year-old Alejandro Valverde beat everyone to the finish line.

I still recall Jens Voigt on a race-long breakaway or two back when there was that high-altitude stage race in the U.S. .... he was 41 or 42.

Chris Froome might have something left in his legs .... (or his medicine bag ... ) oops, did I type that in visible words?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neither Jens or Valverde sustained devastating injuries, in their thirties. Remember Beloki he was a formidable climber until he had his famous crash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts