Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!.
I,ve been several years compilating all the classic style bicycles made today, from the very old brands that still produce vintage bikes to the new manufacturers with good looking retro style bicycles.
Here is my list, but please can anyone help me to include more.
biciclasica
Thanks for your recomendations!!

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
New vintage bike is not a vintage bike no matter the look or description the company gives it. Like the Dodge Challenger, it looks similar to the original but it's not the original thus the new Challenger depreciates in value while the old one appreciates in value.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
New vintage bike is not a vintage bike no matter the look or description the company gives it. Like the Dodge Challenger, it looks similar to the original but it's not the original thus the new Challenger depreciates in value while the old one appreciates in value.
He's referring to a style.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If he is talking style perhaps this thread belongs in the GENERAL BIKE DISCUSSION forum. I think this forum, VINTAGE, is meant to discuss bicycles that are pre 1985.

I have a classic bicycle, 2 in fact. One is the Schwinn I just posted about with an authentic cantilever frame. Another is a Hiawatha.

What the OP is posting about, while a "classic" or "vintage" style, won't be classic or vintage for another 20 plus years.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
If he is talking style perhaps this thread belongs in the GENERAL BIKE DISCUSSION forum. I think this forum, VINTAGE, is meant to discuss bicycles that are pre 1985.

I have a classic bicycle, 2 in fact. One is the Schwinn I just posted about with an authentic cantilever frame. Another is a Hiawatha.

What the OP is posting about, while a "classic" or "vintage" style, won't be classic or vintage for another 20 plus years.
That's why I responded the way I did, this thread is in the classic/vintage site, your right the question probably should have gone in the general bike discuss forum.

Just because a bike turns 20 years old doesn't automatically qualify it be a vintage status. The bikes the OP showed are knockoffs, trying to get that retro look as a selling point to make money. Will those particular bikes become classics? It's anyone guess, but I would venture to say no because they are not highly recognized names like Colnago, Cinelli, etc. I have a couple of Miyata's and not even the 87 Team is anywhere near the value of a Colnago of the same year. Your not going to buy a no name retro bike and expect it to appreciate in value in 20 years...it won't happen...maybe in 40 or 50 years if it's in mint condition, but even then after figuring in inflation you still wouldn't be able to sell it for more then you paid for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts