Two Spoke Forums banner

Clean or better eating

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  emmaspeak 
#1 ·
One of my daughters friends actually posted this on FB. I see, like many of you I'm sure, lots of these. This just made crave this and I want it RIGHT now!

Eat Clean: Italian Style Tomato + Avocado Chopped Salad!

Ingredients

• 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
  • 2 ripe avocados, diced
  • 1 large English cucumber, halved and sliced
  • 1 medium red onion, diced
  • 8 ounces small, fresh mozzarella cheese balls

• Dressing:
  • 1/4 cup basil pesto
  • 2 Tbsps lemon juice
  • sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Instructions

1. Make your dressing in a small bowl, by whisking pesto sauce and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Season to your taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
  2. In a large bowl, arrange all salad ingredients nicely, as shown.
  3. If you're meal prepping, squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the avocado (to prevent it from browning) and refrigerate separately from the dressing.
  4. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad, and toss all of your ingredients very gently to combine well.
  5. This really is best eaten right away, but stays good

See less See more
Reactions: BuddyBike
#2 ·
This is something my mother used to make and my wife still does:

One avocado peeled and cut into small pieces.
1/2 small onion finely chopped.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano.
1/4 cup Italian dressing.

Mix everything up, chill and eat.

#3 ·
^ Stop! I'm sooo hungry now.

#8 ·
It's quite good, had it a couple of times. That was the Baja Warm Grain Bowl with Chicken offered by Panera.

#9 · (Edited)
I just recently started getting acquainted with good recipes. I understood that food can be not only tasty but also useful. Here you will understand in more detail why I think so Possible Negative Side Effects From Avocado Here you will be amazed to get so many recipes that you will not be able to do without later and a big plus to the point that it's just a healthy way of eating)

#10 ·
I just recently started getting acquainted with good recipes. I understood that food can be not only tasty but also useful.
My late father had a heart attack at age 80. He asked his cardiologist if there was a special diet he should be on. The cardiologist recommended he was on. If it tastes good, spit it out. I figured he should eat what he wanted.