Two Spoke Forums banner

Climb Baby, Climb!

2K views 47 replies 6 participants last post by  newleaf150 
#1 ·
Someone suggested starting a new climbing challenge thread. Here it is. Let's climb! How much did you ascend on your last ride?

#23 ·
I'd originally imagined the challenge to start in September, but it looks like it was expanded to the whole year's ascent #s. I'm okay with that but haven't added anything beyond September's numbers, myself.

#28 ·
^^ Way to bring the #s! Here in Flatahoma, I'm still wigging out on my Garmin's assertion that we're 34ft above sea level. I'm used to seeing 5500+ft for altitude. MO messed with me at 550, but my brain simply shut down at 34ft. Not that higher or lower altitude is better or worse, just very different.

#32 · (Edited)
I’m sitting at a meager 1150’.
Since moving away from home (~3000’), I’ve lived in three places and each of them was within 50’ of each other.
I’m I ridge top, long view, sunset loving hillbilly and the last 20 years have been tough loving so low.
Fortunately, my job takes me to places above 2500’ every now and again AND I take the family to high elevation “out west” fairly often as well.
Still, when in able, I’m “[emoji445]moving on up to that spot above most else, so I don’t feel trapped anymore.
I love to Look Out over the land.

#43 ·
I live in a flat area in general.....house is at 130' above sea level but that sea level is 75 miles away so 150 mile ride would only get me 260' of climbing. That's a hard pass....ummmm no....I have to drive at least 4 hrs away to get to anything that even has elevation change much less any actual climbing....that's probably a 12 hr drive or more away....count me out. Enjoy tho, gears make all the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.