Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
A friend of mine gave me these clipless pedals and I have just now had the time to get into them and check them out. Can someone explain to me how they work and how I am supposed to use them? Why are they called clipless? They seem to have spring loaded clip things on them. Should I even bother using them for basic trail riding?
when you say "these" clipless pedals, what kind of pedals are you talking about? It's tough to give you operating instructions w/o more info. Maybe you can post a photo.

Someone else wrote why they're called "clipless". I've been cycling for 45+ years, so the etiology of the term does make some sense to me. But it's still a dumb term because it in no realistic way describes the pedals, and many if not most people really don't understand it at all.

I've heard them referred to as "automatic" pedals on some of the British websites. I think that's a much better term and I'd like to see a movement to change the name of clipless pedals to automatic pedals.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.