Two Spoke Forums banner

C'mon folders!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kegoguinness 
#1 ·
This lack of posting on the folder section is killing me, so I'll chime in. Here are my two bikes and their uses:

1. Dahon Speed P8---my "beater", all-purpose city bike for short trips. It came with Big Apple tires that are awesome for the delightful streets of DC. At the moment I am using this bike to multimode commute to Germantown. It folds quicker than my Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe, so it's nice for the MetroRail portion of my trip.

2. Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe---the go anywhere (except mountain biking) bike! Thinner tires (1.35") than my Dahon tank at 2" tires, and 24 speeds. This sucker cruises well and really climbs the hills. I use this bike all around town (usually where folding is not required, though it's not that big a deal to fold it) and on the bike trails and roads of the DC area.

3. I bought a "vintage" Strida 2. Very old, needs brake work, but otherwise is okay. I never ride it though. Anyone interested in buying it?

okay, that's it for me. Anyone else care to share?

#3 ·
@ Cyclomatic: I got the "vintage" Strida from Craiglist. It's a Strida 2, one of the earliest models. I don't have experience working on hub brakes which is what the rear one appears to be, and the brakes need some adjusting. It is also a VERY strange ride the first time you get on it. The axis of steering is so weird. But, it would actually suit my present multimode commute pretty well. Hmmmm, I have so much crap though. DO I really need 3 folders?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.