Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a beer thread, malt whiskey thread, highlight of the ride, what did you see, post a picture thread so today we now have a coffee thread.

Really the only reason I am posting this is because my wife got a package from a friend that sent us some Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi Mahdumları in a pillow pack. I added a picture below of the pillow pack we received!

Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi Mahdumlar

This seems to be a very strong coffee and was finely ground into a powder. I use only a French Press with course ground beans so I was kinda wondering how it was going to work out.

Worked out well, tastes good and it has a very strong taste I can't put my finger on. There is a flavor I have not tasted since we left De Nederlands which I really can't describe for you, sorry.

When I went to clean the press it looked like the bottom of a glass of chocolate milk with to much chocolate laying on th4 bottom rather than course beans you would normally see.

I probably didnt make it right but I did enjoy it.

If I buy locally I've been spoiled by a riding partner who happens to be coffee roaster as well. I have learned a lot from him about bean selection and taste. Like the new Blond that Starbucks sells. The beans are pulled out of the roaster before the first crack.

Mobjack Bay Coffee Roasters

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm a bit of a mutt when it comes to coffee but I like what I like. My daily coffee is just Eight O'Clock Coffee - Hazelnut flavor. I brew a pot every morning and take it work in a thermos. The people at work think I'm some snob because I won't drink the coffee at work but it taste like what I would expect ground up dog poo to taste like. Mine costs like $4 a bag and lasts me a week.

I also like Starbucks coffee... a little too much apparently. I don't splurge on too many things in life, but I love my some White Chocolate Mocha (no-fat with whip). Mmm mmm.

Someone gave me a Starbucks card I believe for my birthday with like a $5 credit on it. I liked the convenience of it so I reloaded it with Paypal and started using it to buy my fancy coffees. Recently Starbucks sent me a 'Gold Card' replacement. Is that sad or what? But like I said, it's my one of my few indulgences so I guess it's okay.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny, My daily coffee is Eight O'clock as well ! Whole bean tho. I drink 2 cups every day, no more no less ..usually :) My cups hold 2 normal cups so I guess I drink 4 cups a day :)
I do like me some Starbucks but generally only go when the wife and I together some reason and have been on the Vanilla Bean rip for a while now.

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
Great topic. I used to drink really expensive coffee, almost 2 pots a day (way too much). Now I'm down to 1 or 2 cups at the most, so I only drink this

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Like beer ( only a little more frequently) I drink coffee for the enjoyment and not necessarily for the effects. On mornings I dont work I may drink 2 cups but mostly just 1. On days I do work I dont drink coffee as I would have to get up a bit earlier to make it.

My everyday brew of choice is Caribou in the Keurig. Now as far as coffee shop coffee! Starbucks is ok, but I have my hometown locally owned shop that takes care of me :) I have a few favorites ie. Almond Joy, Island Mocha, and Peppermint Patty! All of which are good hot, and in the summer I normally go with the frozen variety.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Mmmmm.......Coffee! I love coffee. Anything dark roast usually Italian. Either in the pot or the Kuerig. Also, I'll drink a short wet cappuccino. Not only do I drink a cup or two in the morning at work but I'll drink a cup post and Pre ride as well. I've ride many articles on the benefits of dark roast and caffeine for performance and recovery.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mmmmm.......Coffee! I love coffee. Anything dark roast usually Italian. Either in the pot or the Kuerig. Also, I'll drink a short wet cappuccino. Not only do I drink a cup or two in the morning at work but I'll drink a cup post and Pre ride as well. I've ride many articles on the benefits of dark roast and caffeine for performance and recovery.
I used to drink french roast all the time.

It's funny you mention the dark for the caffeine. I always thought that was true to. My roaster corrected me and gave me a bag of light bean colored Ethiopian and told me that had more caffeine due to the roasting process. It did not go through as many cracks as the dark wet looking beans do.

No expert for sure just what I was told and I'm sure Im forgetting something .

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f29/learned-something-new-about-crack-today-7836/

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Maxwell House master blend. I make a half pot every morning. I drink it straight up black.
Star Bucks coffee gives me the hibbie gibbies. Dunkin Donuts coffee is huge around here and I have to admit it is the only coffee I like out.
8 oclock coffee is good also. I like to grind the beans when I get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts