Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased a new coffee machine which i hope to make the most "keep me awake" expresso's, and i was wondering if any of you lovely cyclists would recommend any ground coffee that would satisfy my caffene addiction.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I really suggest buying a grinder and then buying whole bean coffee. Much better taste IMO and stays more fresh.

What machine did you get? I'm a coffee nut both drip and espresso.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi dean thanks for the suggestion, i will try that on monday as i will have to buy myself a grinder.

what type of coffee bean do you recomend for that first kick of the morning.

the model i have is a gaggia cubika...it makes a double expresso in about 20 seconds.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I really suggest buying a grinder and then buying whole bean coffee. Much better taste IMO and stays more fresh.

What machine did you get? I'm a coffee nut both drip and espresso.
DITTO, need to grind it fresh, and freshly roasted is even better. IMO

DrB

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I drink mostly Mayorga organic Cafe Cubano from Costco. It's whole bean and very reasonably priced. I brew it in a French press for maximum extraction of caffeinated goodness.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for your input into my addiction...i will certainly be going down the road of griding the beans rather than buying ready ground.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Espresso, Illy, Drip, rotate. As long as it's hot and black. Grinding is important. I think as long as you grind fresh and the beans aren't stale your in for a good cup of coffee.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are alot of popular ones like vanilla hazelnut and snickerdoodle... but I've been hearing some interesting suggestions lately when I was asking about the coffee they are selling at a local place... probably alot or organic stuff

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
I get mine from CoffeeAm (on the web). After shipping is about the same price per ounce as getting Seattle's Best or S-bucks at the grocery, but IMO CoffeeAm is much better. A nice selection of both flavored and blends as well as a host of different countries. I found 2 I really liked and ordered 5lb packages which brought the cost down more. Good stuff!

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
We have ground our own coffee for years.

And I have one of those French Press coffee makers I use in the afternoon or evening and it IS STRONG but "love it".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_press

Plan coffee, no sugar, cream or nothing, COFFEE

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've just started grinding my own coffee, what a difference there is in taste, and with you there burr, have your coffee naked no milk or sugar...

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
I've just started grinding my own coffee, what a difference there is in taste, and with you there burr, have your coffee naked no milk or sugar...
Puts hair on your chest, ah with me it's "gray hair".

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I like the beans that get you all jacked up. I drink a lot of blue mountain though. High altitude arabica beans are the best. Burr do they have a specialty Philipino Coffee?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I raced with a guy a few years ago that roasted his own coffee beans. Any of you all ever roast your own or have fresh roasted coffee?

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
I like the beans that get you all jacked up. I drink a lot of blue mountain though. High altitude arabica beans are the best. Burr do they have a specialty Philipino Coffee?
YES BUT, my wife take care of that. All I do is drink it.

We drink a pot every morning sitting on the side of the bed while my wife tells me what I am going to do today, answer is "Yes Dear". We get up around 4-5 in the morning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts