coiler/coiler deluxe

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by coiler05, Jul 15, 2009.

1. coiler05

coiler05 New Member

I'm riding a 05 kona coiler and love it. My buddy has an 07 coiler deluxe frame (including rear shock) for sale. Its brand new never built. Asking 500. Obviously the deluxe is the better bike, but is the frame worth getting? Or is most of the upgrades componets on the deluxe? If i got this frame i'd put all my stuff from the regular coiler on it. I would sell my frame and be in a new frame and offset the new cost from profit from mine. What is a fair price for an 05 coiler frame in great shape? Is this even worth doing? Thanks!

2. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Its probably worth doing if you can do all the work yourself. If you don't know how to do it all there will be some extra costs associated with if since you will have to pay a bike shop to do it. Not a lot different that what you have unless you really like the color or your frame is beat up. Tough call but you wouldn't be out of a lot of money if you plan to sell your frame. Let us know what you do and lets see some pics

3. coiler05

coiler05 New Member

Mine now

Attached Files:

4. coiler05

coiler05 New Member

what i want

Attached Files:

5. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Does it have that rear shock on it? If that is the exact bike its worth upgrading. It will perform better. I do like your color better though. Can you do all the work yourself or are you at least willing to pay someone else to do it? Where do you live in MD

6. coiler05

coiler05 New Member

Yes rear shock is on it. All my stuff will be switched over to it though so its still going to be a coiler really. Yes i am doing all the work myself. I live in Hagerstown. Not too far from you.

7. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

I would say its worth it then. Go for it if you got the time and money. I would. Good luck with it if you do it. Give us a shout if you run into any problems or have any questions. Would like to see your pics when its all done.