Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I started cycling in the summer now its starting to get cold so I bought some cycling tights w/o a chamois, my question is do I wear my regular cycling shorts under the tights? Thanks for the input guys.

·
retromike3
274 Posts
lycra then poly prop

I used to wear lycra tights when the weather started to turn and then switched over to Polypropylene when things got really cold. Problem is that the lycra wares out faster so I still have the really cold weather stuff but not the "fall" tights.When I road the bike today and almost cooked myself.

I was told that it was a god idea to have something on your knees if the weather drops below 70 degrees.(that was a long time ago though.)

Mike Frye

·
Bent Newbie - old rider
144 Posts
For a low-cost option, I use runners tights ($10-$15) over my bike shorts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
OK, I started cycling in the summer now its starting to get cold so I bought some cycling tights w/o a chamois, my question is do I wear my regular cycling shorts under the tights? Thanks for the input guys.
Yes you can wear your cycling shorts under your tights but whats a better idea is to invest in good inner short liner. they look like underwear with padding.

·
Registered
657 Posts
When it gets real cold, I wear my bibs like normal and then through my PI fleace tights on over. I have never had a problem with them and they are real warm. Now obviously the the tights don't have a chamois or that would just be "weird". When I go this route, my legs are usually the warmest part of my body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts