Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone own a Colnago E1 frame? I am currently riding this frame set and have had an unusual problem develop with what seems to be a fracture of the frame near the bottle cage holder. It could be just clear coat popping off....but I'm not sure how to determine if is serious or not. I have had many CF frames with no problems...including all of my mountain bikes so I'm not sure on how to trouble shoot this.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I found a small hairline looking crack on my non-drive side chain stay a couple of months ago and asked my local Raleigh dealer about it. They contacted our local Raleigh rep. and he came by and took a look at it and said it was just in the clear cote and to keep and eye on it.

Not sure what kind of warranty Colnago has on there frames, but I would have someone take a look at it.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
I would suggest that you take it to a Colnago authorized dealer and have them give you a yea or nay on the frame. Get it in writing so if anything happens to the bike afterwards, you have a written document that you can argue, if need be. I don't know if you have a local dealer where the nearest Colnago dealer would be from you, but it would certainly be worth a drive considering the cost of the frame. JMO

BTW, I have my Colnago frame thoroughly inspected every time I take it in for maintenance. I just put a new chain on my Ace on Wednesday and had them inspect the frame while they had it. On the sales receipt for the chain, I had them put "Frame OK" and sign it for my records.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just dropped my bike off at the local Colnago dealer who is having the rep come by on Monday for the inspection. I will be certain to get them to sign off on it if they say it is ok. The dealer is saying he feels this is an issue with the clear coat. I will update this thread next week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colnago rep is sending my frame back to the main distributor in Chicago.....now the waiting game begins.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Crowbar12 said:
Colnago rep is sending my frame back to the main distributor in Chicago.....now the waiting game begins.
I know that being without your bike is tough, but at least you'll know one way or the other if the frame is safe or not. I'm glad I still have my Defy, but I would still go nuts without my Colnago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts