Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
I don't understand what's wrong with people...I really honestly totally can't comprehend what makes people do sh** like this...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't get it, either, rola. Such a senseless act that tears apart and then ripples through the lives of those affected and their loved ones forever. And, to a much lesser extent, ripples through all of humanity's experience. Not trying to get too philosophical. But I don't see why it's so hard to live and let live, either.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I totally don't get it. Why are some people so angry at the world? They obviously need to start cycling ;-)

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
Too many speculations at this point to know what went on in this guys head. I heard that it may have been a gang related payback shooting since many members of a rival gang go to this theater. It's sad when you can't even to to a movie with your family without fearing for your life. Nothing like this ever happened when I was growing up. This country and many parts of the world seem to be going in the wrong direction.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,146 Posts
I'm sitting at work less than a mile from the theater. Just found out my brother-in-law and a friend actually went there last night, for Batman, but tix were already sold out and they went elsewhere <shiver>.

A coworker lives 4 blocks from the shooter's apt, which they're reporting to be booby-trapped. A slow death by public torture is really too good for the piece of scum responsible for this.

The best news I've seen so far is that they took the shooter alive. These atrocities are often about the shooter taking 'ultimate' control over others - by ending their lives. The power-play is then commonly completed by the shooter taking 'ultimate' control of their own life by ending it. I rejoice anytime one of these scum is taken alive - to be utterly stripped of all semblance of power/control and ultimately forgotten in prison or just executed. Too bad the shooter can't just be turned over the his victims' families.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm glad your BIL and friend were not harmed, newleaf150. Sadly, I think this type of thing could happen anywhere. Seems at times like this that evil's definitely got the upper hand on good in this world. I'm glad the perp will have to suffer the consequences of his actions, too. Prayers for all those killed and injured and their loved ones. What a sad, sad day. I don't like the direction things are heading in, either, John_V.

·
Registered
748 Posts
What a scene. I live an easy 20 miles from Aurora, in Englewood.

Bonfils has put a call out for O neg blood.(Bonfils is the local blood bank)

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LEafy, I am glad your fmaily/friends are alright. I honestly blame a lot of the media for the proliferation of this kind of act; they want attention and get it, no difference from brewing insurgency/act of terrorism.

I'm in no way saying to squelch the media, but it seems this kind of thing reeks of "sensationalism."

I am curious as to how the gun advocates are going to approach this one. Let's see, a fully-automatic .223, shotgun and two pistols.

The galopagos islands never looked so go to escape to as now. . .

·
Registered
748 Posts
LEafy, I am glad your fmaily/friends are alright. I honestly blame a lot of the media for the proliferation of this kind of act; they want attention and get it, no difference from brewing insurgency/act of terrorism.

I'm in no way saying to squelch the media, but it seems this kind of thing reeks of "sensationalism."

I am curious as to how the gun advocates are going to approach this one. Let's see, a fully-automatic .223, shotgun and two pistols.

I will tell you what I think, living in Colorado...

The spoon.
The spoon is the reason I am fat.

Tools are tools.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are a lot of angry people out there, disillusioned with the way this country is going, it's just not good when you think you could be a target anywhere.I agree with John too.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts

I don't see where he had a full-auto.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
The spoon is not a tool that is used by mass murderers.

We live in a society where an individual's goal to acquire a new firearm every month is considered quite normal, accepted without question.

We are a violent culture. We like violent movies. We raise violent youth. We must expect this sort of thing to occur regularly until the values of our society change.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the families and friends of the victims.

·
12,350 Posts
We live in a society where an individual's goal to acquire a new firearm every month is considered quite normal, accepted without question..
I disagree.

We are a violent culture. We like violent movies. We raise violent youth. We must expect this sort of thing to occur regularly until the values of our society change.
Can't say I completely agree.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the families and friends of the victims.
On this, we can agree.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
This type of act is shocking and no one can chime in to its effect until the gravity has had time to sink in.

I know I am filled with mixed emotions, most are anger based. All forms of media (games) will take heat, something will be found to be the fault. These days there is always a cause rather than someone being held accountable for their bad decisions.

Thing is this guy had a clean record and a good academic record.

Sad and tragic, yes.

Don't want to start flames, but as a family man I believe in protecting yours. If someone had a CHL and a weapon, maybe fewer would have died or been injured. (my 2c).

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
As a father of an 11-mo-old, I could not imagine the heart break of not being able to see her smear cake in her face for her first birthday. Tragic, absolutely tragic.

·
12,350 Posts
I've already lost both of my parents. If you want to take anyone else from me, you'll need to be heavily armed, and expect one hell of a fight.

My son's friends, all college students living with an hour of this theater, think that the state of Colorado should spend less time worrying about ineffective gun laws, and instead give more consideration to getting teens and young adults access to mental health care.

·
1,200 Posts
it's crazy stuff fellows.. hit semi close to home for me, that place is about a half hour from where my mother-n-law and brother-n-law live.. will never understand the mind set of some people.. though in my humble opinion it takes a weak minded person who is nothing more than a coward to fire upon an unarmed man.. let alone women and children...

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Industry_Hack said:
I've already lost both of my parents. If you want to take anyone else from me, you'll need to be heavily armed, and expect one hell of a fight.

My son's friends, all college students living with an hour of this theater, think that the state of Colorado should spend less time worrying about ineffective gun laws, and instead give more consideration to getting teens and young adults access to mental health care.
I +1 this

1 - 20 of 41 Posts