Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the saddle since I was thirteen. Not pursae a cycling bike but BMX in the sense of street and ramp riding. It has been my passion but my escape from reality being on a bike. I have come to appreciate all forms of riding especially cycling. You can't compare the feeling you get when on the open roads and your heart racing at 100mphs. Just recently I experienced my first cycling accident this past weekend. It could have been bad or even worse, tragic. Luckily by the grace of god it wasn't; I just ended up with a level III shoulder separation and scrapes here and there. I don't know what it is when u get on the saddle, you get this feeling that your the king of the road and u don't want to stop. Well I guess I experienced that and i got handled. Handled in the sense of being side swiped by a motorist. Luckily my shoulder was the one to take the brunt of the injury and the front end of my bike. So we are both in the recuperation process. I was told that I would be out for 4 to 6 weeks. Hopefully. Guys and gals, when your out there be careful and obey the streets. It can be pretty dangerous.

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
Yeah I almost got clipped last week by a vans mirror. I ate the curb instead, no injury or damage to the bike.....lucky.

Situational awareness is key sometimes

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I ride just about every day, and I think can thay be in that much of a hurry to not care about my life. Maybe it is just that I am old and have plenty of time.
Have a speedy recovery and ride that bike

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I don't think they don't care about a cyclist life, the vast majority of my close calls have come from distracted drivers. Unfortunately we accept a risk that a certain percentage of people out there that have just had a fight with their spouse, had a cell phone ring, reached down to change the radio station, or countless other ways a driver can get distracted at just the wrong time. We do our best to spot them. Sometimes its not enough. Nothing makes me more comfortable than eye contact with the other driver.

Glad the injury was no worse. It could have just as easily been your head. Don't try to rush back too soon. Listen to your doctors and your body. The road will be ready when you are ready to ride again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts