Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. The headset is loose. Remove all gaskets and reinstall headset. When installing, pay attention to tightening the top long screw pointing to the inside of the head tube first, until the lower washer can't be turned by hand. Then tighten the upper one of the two screws on the side, and finally the lower one. It's best to keep pressing down on the stem throughout the process to tighten the gasket.

2. Loose crank or lack of lubrication. Tighten. Or remove the crank, then lubricate the shaft with an appropriate amount, and then reinstall it.

3. The pedals are loose, lack of lubrication, and the bearing has grit. Remove the pedals, clean the grit, oil the threads (where the pedals screw into the cranks), put them back in and tighten.

4. There are cracks on the shelf. The cracks on the shelf mostly occur at the junction of each vehicle tube. If the frame is found to be cracked, no matter what material the frame is, you should stop riding immediately and send it to a car shop for a professional inspection.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,860 Posts
Something odd about this post. It's like some things were left out, like what type of headset, what type of crank?

I don't understand why you would take a cracked bicycle frame to a car shop. If you have a steel frame and are in the back of beyond when it breaks, that advice makes sense. Otherwise, I want my bicycle's broken frame inspected by someone with professional knowledge of bicycles, not cars. I might take it to a mechanic as opposed to a wrench if the former had equipment to do something specialized like a magnetic particle inspection, but I'd still want to discuss options with a wrench first.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,148 Posts
I do not recommend adjusting the cranks while riding ..... but sure .... go ahead and remove the headset while riding.

This is I believe a machine-generated (AI) post .... I have seen identical Aostirmotor posts on this site and others.

All of the posts are a mash of ridiculously obvious and outlandishly ridiculous suggestions which are only vaguely related to actually riding a bicycle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts