Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after battling Covid the last week and not cycling, I am going nuts! This Saturday if all goes well marks my day I am no longer viewed as a Leper! I plan to ride or I will go nuts!

Anyone else go back day released or did you wait longer?

·
Old, fat, and slow
950 Posts
I am sorry but I cannot read this post for fear of contamination. I will respond after your quarantine.

I am not at all worried about Covid---and Very glad to hear that you seem to have triumphed over it. However, leprosy is ugly, and I certainly don't want to see anyone who looks like a leper.

Get well, and we will admit you back into the community.

·
1,909 Posts
Haven’t had Covid, but I’d go by how you feel. The two weeks is a shield against contagion spread and not an indicia of your relative health.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,459 Posts
I'm glad you're recovering well. I hope you avoid the whole 'Long Haul' part of it and are able to hit the trail soon.

·
Old, fat, and slow
950 Posts
Mr. Newleaf .... our brave Covid Pioneer.

Tough break about the bad air quality, but you still rode more than I did. I blocked out time for a ride and then spent a couple hours doing financial research because of confusion between my wife, our real estate advisor, his CPA, and the internet. of course ... I was right ..... at least in my own mind. But what's the point of thinking you are right if you don't get to ride?

Better than being quarantined? Or is it self-quarantine?

Life is so confusing.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
I've heard of cyclists thinking they were good to go only to find out their lungs just didn't have what it took for a decent effort.
Hopefully that won't be for you. Just listen to tot body and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
353 Posts
A week? Wow, you're extremely lucky. When I had it last year, I was down for 11 days with a high fever, then spend 8 more days post-fever in the hospital trying to recover my lung function. I barely had the strength to hold my iPhone to do video calls. When I finally got out, my conditioning was totally gone. As in, my first ride of 2021 was 4 miles and I needed a 2-hour nap afterwards. After working all summer, I'm at about 80% of what I was last summer.

On the plus side, beer tastes better now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts