Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geeez…..got past the Covid okay other than losing my sense of taste and smell. Then, I crush my left index in a freaking vehicle door frame! Makes left braking a bit hard…..lol

But back in the saddle and while the end of the index is still numb (possible nerve damage), cycling makes me smile!

·
Two skinny J's
21,636 Posts
Geeez…..got past the Covid okay other than losing my sense of taste and smell. Then, I crush my left index in a freaking vehicle door frame! Makes left braking a bit hard…..lol

But back in the saddle and while the end of the index is still numb (possible nerve damage), cycling makes me smile!
Slow down there kimo sabe!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m going on week 3 of my road to recovery and I still cannot walk around the block with out feeling out of breath. I go from
Cycling 500+ miles a month to struggling to walk a mile.

My lungs are shot and are still inflamed. I even got the vaccine!! I wish you a speedy recovery

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m going on week 3 of my road to recovery and I still cannot walk around the block with out feeling out of breath. I go from

My lungs are shot and are still inflamed. I even got the vaccine!! I wish you a speedy recovery
I too can somewhat feel the pain but I am lucky there. My lungs have recuperated and my stamina back. I do notice my watt output is down on routine rides. That is okay, I am working hard to get the legs back.

I wish you a recovery that will kick in and give you back your lungs. Covid is weird how it affects each differently.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts

Geesh.
I hope you get completely healed soon.

·
1,919 Posts

That's rough. Hope you get better soon.

·
tall old member
1,400 Posts

Have you tried riding your bike at an easy pace? What I had was different than Covid and I certainly didn’t feel like I would be able to ride but once I got on the bike and started pedaling I felt better. I couldn’t do hills at first and my area is all hills so I hauled my bike to a rail trail and rode there. That built up my strength and stamina to where I can ride most hills now. There are a couple I still avoid but they are insane even when I was healthy and in shape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts