Coworkers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TxCyclist, Feb 19, 2010.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I have this co-worker who calls in sick a lot. When he is here he's always complaining about how sick he is. I'm about 90% sure it's all from some sort of addiction. Lately he keeps telling me that his skin is itching him and the ceiling dust is infecting his eyes. Always cleaning his eyes out with water so they look bloodshot. He also thinks everything is tainted, trying to get me to smell random foods and talking about how he thinks another employee is poisoning him. Also in the past three months he keeps telling me increasingly horrible jokes, like really profane awful jokes out of nowhere and sending me pictures of random odd things. Sometimes I catch him talking to himself too. On a few occasions he will ask me to look at moles and spots on his back that are hurting him. He only drinks Mexican Coke's because he thinks HFCS is poison from the US Government.

Work with any fun people?

2. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Wow!!! And I thought the guy in my office who smelled funny was bad. I don't have anything like that.....thankfully.

3. lotek

lotek New Member

yeah I worked with a few folks like that, but then I quit working on a psychiatric
    unit and got a real job (no, really I did work in psych).
    The HFCS and some of the other stuff sound suspiciously paranoid, and I don't mean
    paranoid like "I've got some dope and I'm sure the cops are watching me" but more like
    lets weave tin foil in our hair to bounce off the gamma rays paranoid. ( I interviewed that
    family, all of em down to the 5 year old had foil in their hair. Dad was bat-**** crazy).
    The itching could be indicative of opiate use (or vicodin etc.) and the red watery eyes
    goes right along with that.
    Luckily the folks I work with now are just plain normal. I really don't miss the tag
    team wrestling matches.

marty

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

It could be worse. Your could be their manager. :eek:

5. dcswan

dcswan New Member

They're coming to take me away HA-HAAA!
    They're coming to take me away HO-HO, HE-HE, HA-HAAA!!:eek:

6. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Be very careful Dean and let him run himself off.

BE VERY CAREFUL

7. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Exactly, distance yourself from him as much as you can in every way you can.

I see a lot of drug addicts in construction. Sadly they are sitting in the corner bombed out of their skull and the others just cover for them and let it happen. I do as I told you distance, that way they won't hurt me or take me down with them. I worry about the other workers but figure if they get hurt then maybe they should have distanced themselves also.

Cover your hind end.

8. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Reminds me of this guy...
    [​IMG]

9. Industry_Hack

My first day on that job, (alarms, central vac, and high end sound in new construction) my co-worker showed me which stop signs to stop for, and explained that he rolled a work truck once. Then he stopped to have his morning joint with his buddies, followed by a beer, at 8AM. I lasted a week with them.

10. dcswan

dcswan New Member

Amazing you made it that long Hack, I probably would have had my wife come pick me up for an extended lunch, VERY extended lunch!! :D

11. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

I got a contact high just reading your description!

12. chh55

Purity Of Essence!

13. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

He's also constantly almost vomiting. The sound right before you throw up, like your choking. Been doing it for awhile today. I went in there to ask him if he was alright and he was lathering this Tiger Balm all over his inner thighs.

Good god.

14. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I had a boss once that had a sore on his neck that oozed. He would mess with it and then try to make you smell the stuff that came out of it. The same boss would thrash the office we worked in and leave food freaking everywhere. At one point he had ground so much crap into the floor I was sure it was going to bring in insects. Best boss I ever had.

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm the kitchen manager of a restaurant in Austin. If I don't let them smoke grass they will quit. Not even playing. In my field your the exception if you don't smoke weed. Every once in a while I have to cut a waiter for being to coked up. It's nuts man cause those are the guys that pull in the tips. You wanna know the secret of the waiter who made you night memorable? Blow.

16. Industry_Hack

And I just sit here biting my tongue. The guys I work with know I post on the site. On the bright side, things are going very smoothly in my new position.

17. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Sorry guys!

Burr, a wonderful retired guy who only has to put up with a wife in menopause. But she puts up with me so there is a balance there someplace.

But, But I am close to being "The Perfect Man"!!

18. bankchick

bankchick New Member

OMG those stories are cracking me up. I work with your run of the mill **** stirrers...

19. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I wish I did. I get tired of work drama. I also hate spending my day thinking that dude with the knife is going to lop off his finger cause he's too stupid or drunk to operate the most basic of tools. I cut pieces of my self of regularly but I spend more time managing then on the line now a days. My hand are covered with scars. My favorite thing is when people show up late and blame it on traffic like it's not there fault. You should have left earlier then.

I worked at a low grade pizza place when I was between real jobs and I was standing next to a coworker who leaned over me at 9 am and laughed saying he killed of 1 1/2 tall boys before coming in. I looked at him, called him a liar and said who the hell drinking at 9 in the mourning throws away half a beer? Like the other half of that beer was going to upset me. When I took management position with that company he stopped coming in.

Seriously who drinks half a beer at 9 am? It's all or nothing.

20. chh55

Give him a break! He probably shared it with his better half!