Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips on how to solve the problem of crank creaking? I have tried everything from greasing them to buying a new set and they are still creaking!
The only other thing I can think of is buying a new wheel set and I can't afford to do that at the moment. Can anyone help me please?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Does anyone have any tips on how to solve the problem of crank creaking? I have tried everything from greasing them to buying a new set and they are still creaking!
The only other thing I can think of is buying a new wheel set and I can't afford to do that at the moment. Can anyone help me please?
Are you sure it's your cranks making the creaking? What kind of crankset do you have? How is a new wheel set going to help?:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should try getting a large wrench, and tightening the bolts on either side of your cranks where they attach, or make sure that the bearings inside are good and not partially damaged or it could cause the spinning force of cranking to be thrown off and start creaking...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts