Creative Mobility

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Grape Ape, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Have some extra time, extra cash check this out. I am in no way affilliated with this, I found it while trying to come up with an idea for a home made bike rack for my bike. Watch the video, then if you are interested further then check out the website where I found it.

You might want to grab some kleenex.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZFZEFWTtE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The website for The Bike Rack

2. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

[threadjack] Did you find the info you were looking for about DIY racks? I have some experience in this area. [/threadjack]

Very touching video.

3. Grape Ape

Yes, I found an idea that I modified for my uses I am going to post up a thread later.

The video is a good one. I laughed when Regis asked him if it would have happened without his sons problems. He responded it woulndn't have happened. If I end up with some extra cash I am going to direct it towards either him or one of the groups that help get these bikes out to people who need them. They also mentioned the Wounded Warrior project. I try to volunteer for it when they come to our area. The off road driving community has done a lot to help get the soldiers out in the woods.

This guy has got involved in some good causes to make peoples lives better. If it were me I would have a hard time not just giving the bikes to people if they couldn't afford them, I would be broke with a smile on my face.

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Touching.

I didn't see where you can donate to it though?

5. Grape Ape

Well, I was more curious about the issue also so I call the Bike Rack. I spoke with Hal the guy who started it all. He says that the Bike Rack is just the bike store he has had for 35 years. Creative Mobility is the company that was started to build adaptive bikes and Project Mobility is the 501c3 that was set up to host the events and get the bikes to the people who need them.

You can do all donations through http://www.projectmobility.org/

Hal is going to forward some schedules for their upcoming rides and events. I have some more information but have some stuff to do right now so I will come back and add it later.

I also invited Hal to come here and add stuff so hopefully he has some time to do it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  6. Grape Ape

Here is a link to the page where you can donate.

Project Mobility Home

Project mobility is a 501c3 tax deductible charity.