Cruzbike question

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by trog, Jul 2, 2009.

1. trog

trog New Member

Anyone out there have any opinions re cruzbike recumbents. I know nothing and there is possibly a V2 for my price.

trog:D

2. Carol

Carol Guest

Recumbent or Cruz bikes

You may go to my website at Midwest Recumbent Bicycles and or e-mail me at [email protected] and I will be happy to help you. We are located in Mascoutah Illinois at 2 East Main Street.

Thank You

Carol

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

That didn't really provide any opinions on the Cruzbike, did it? Here's some of my commentary, which you can probably mostly ignore. The few comments folks have made might be more useful.

Post one, two, three, and four.

4. BlazingPedals

BlazingPedals Member

Industry_Hack, you seem to be of the opinion that if someone is uncomfortable on their upright, it's a fit problem. I disagree. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that a totally-comfortable upright is a myth; it's just that most riders are so used to it that it doesn't register. Virtually every upright rider in my club swears his bike is plenty comfy, but still I see them squirming on their saddles, shaking their numb hands during rides, massaging their shoulders at rest stops (stops that I don't need,) and I also hear them complaining about sore butts every spring as they're trying to get used to it again. What they're really saying is that their discomfort isn't enough to push them into getting one of those weird machines and they don't want to be proselytized.

That's cool, I respect their choice as long as they can respect mine.

I've test-ridden a Cruzbike and frankly I didn't like it. I don't consider them easy to learn at all. But there are a fair number of owners out there who apparently love them, so who am I to say they're no good? The only advice I'd give is "try before you buy" because Cruzbikes seem to be a love-or-hate thing.

5. Industry_Hack

6. altozwei

altozwei New Member

7. BlazingPedals

BlazingPedals Member

So Trog - did you get a recumbent?

8. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Dear Hack: I recently read your reviews of the Cruzbike. You sound curiously like that no-good Highfield *******.

I happen to think it's an innovative design and worthy of future testing. How you can call yourself an industry insider and so degrade a product you do not own is both unfair and offensive.

Signed, Future Owner

P.S. I wonder what will happen when the front wheel finally eats the chain changer thingy?

9. JohnnyMagic

JohnnyMagic New Member

Easy, just start your bashing with "I'm no engineer, but..."

JM "If I wanted to build a useless bike, I'd go steel fixie :D"

10. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

In my country we still exchange polite sword thrusts at dawn over comments like that.

11. Industry_Hack

Hey, I just offer my opinion. I can't really find anything to like about the design, but if it works for other people, good for them.

I'm no accountant, but it seems as though steel fixed gear bikes are outselling Cruzbikes at a rate of about 3,000:1. :rolleyes:

12. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

3000 to 1. Nothing like some facts to take the fun out of a good fight between an engineer and a, a, .......whatever the heck you are, Hack.