Cuyamaca Night Ride! 8/7/09 6pm (TBA)

Discussion in 'California Bike Forum' started by aweesan, Jul 23, 2009.

1. aweesan

aweesan New Member

Friday, August 7

Space is limited to 40 SDMBA Members. Lights, SDMBA Membership & pre-registration required.

**If you're not a member and would like to participate, Click on "Membership" and sign up using PayPal. $25 gets you in! (your membership also goes towards advocacy in teh SD County area, trailwork and tools, events to get people riding, and soon, we'll have more member benefits with factories such as Crank Bros, Fox, and Shimano)

Also, you can visit Beyond Bikes BeyondBikes.com -Store Front Page and sign up in-store. Renewals and new memberships will receive a free raffle ticket for the 2009 El Guapo Bike being raffled at Biketoberfest 10.24.09.

Info & directions to be added soon so Stay Tuned.

2. aweesan

aweesan New Member

Here's the UPDATE!

Friday, August 7 7pm

Space is limited to 40 Members. Lights, SDMBA Membership & pre-registration required. Please arrive early so we can get to pedalin! Total distance about 20 miles. This is an intermediate/Adv ride.

**If you're not a member and would like to participate, Click on "Membership" on The Home of San Diego Mountain Biking Association - Home website and sign up using PayPal.

Also, you can visit Beyond Bikes BeyondBikes.com -Store Front Page and sign up in-store. Renewals and new memberships will receive a free raffle ticket for the 2009 El Guapo Bike being raffled at Biketoberfest 10.24.09.

Directions:
    From metro San Diego, take I-8 east approximately 40 miles and exit at Hwy 79 North. Follow Hwy 79 to Cuyamaca Rancho State Park and go approximately 4.75 miles from I-8 to the large Sweetwater Bridge Staging Area on your right (the first turnout past Green Valley Campground). If you pass the School Camp (old park headquarters), you've gone too far. To register for this event or to volunteer as a ride leader, e-mail [email protected].
    In the subject line please put "Cuyamaca at Night." In the e-mail include each rider's full names and experience level - intermediate or advanced (Please note: This is not a beginner ride). Also indicate if you need to borrow alight.

REQUIRED Equipment:
    1) Helmet
    2) Freshly charged bike lights with a minimum four- hour capacity
    **(A flashlight taped to your handlebar will NOT do). For those unable to provide their own lights, the folks at NiteRider have generously agreed to provide a limited number of demos, first come, first served, so register early.
    3) Water
    4) Extra inner tube, portable repair tools, portable first aid kit
    **Due to the inherent hazards of this ride, we will be checking that everyone has all the mandatory listed items.

3. aweesan

aweesan New Member

15 spots available!
    RSVP to [email protected]
    Stone Brewing Co. to provide post-ride libations. we'll have non-alcoholic beverages and food as well!
    Bring the lights, bring your glow sticks... let's ride!:D

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Mmmmmmmm, good stuff! I wish I wasn't 3,000 miles away!

5. aweesan

aweesan New Member

hey there Hoppy!

If you plan to be in the San Diego County area on Oct. 3rd, New Belgium Brewery is coming to town for Tour De Fat!

I'll be posting in another area about details and if anyone wants to volunteer. You will get beer afterwards if you volunteer, I can just guarantee now! :thumbsup:

2009 Tour de Fat | New Belgium