Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be the first to admit that I'm usually idiot with no savant. That being said, very few things bother me enough to bring them up to the general population to discuss; I prefer to laugh rather than bicker and argue.

That being said, I'm kind of upset by this:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-ho-blue-for-grace-20120413,0,2267302.story

It has really made me wonder. Were you bullied in school? Wasn't coming home a relief, an escape from the torment? Now, with so many kids involved in social media, text messages and chat rooms, it seems we are constantly able to be reached and in some cases, tormented.

It bothers me to much because I have a 2 year old daughter who was bullied (along with other kids) by a set of twin girls in her classroom. The center wouldn't do anything, they'd lose $1000 a week in tuition if they were removed from the school. Instead, our family and another family removed their children from the center. The other family is looking for a lawsuit, we're steering clear. It bothers me deeply my daughter has had nightmares scream "No Molly! Don't take my food! No Stephanie, don't hit me!" It has subsided in the week she has been in her new school, but still. She has a scar across her cheek from being scratched, I hope she doesn't remember what she went through.

Not sure of the point of this post, it just doesn't sit well with me.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
We've gone to my daughter's school to make sure that they are addressing bullying issues, and we have confronted parents about their children that are bullies.

I've also spent time building confidence in my daughter, so she isn't a target for bullies.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I intend on enrolling my daughter in judo in a few years, I think it will be good for her confidence as well as for the added benefit of physical self-defense.

I just can't believe how absolutely nasty kids can be, like the thrill/enjoyment of deriding another living human being and the fact that it is perceived as "okay" to do.

The sheer bewilderment I experience when I see this Youtube posted videos of a group of kids ganging up on and then beating another kid blows my mind, it really does. The fact that there seems to be zero accountability on the school and (I think more importantly) the offender's parents blows my mind.

Part of me wonders if some of these kids had 4 DIs screaming at them, one from each direction until they break down, if they'd learn the meaning of emotional-sensory overload.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts