Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cycling computer for the birthday. I have seen so many today my eyes are blurry. All I want is to see how fast I'm going, have an interval timer, and maybe cadence later. There are so many choices out there, but which ones are good?

I am most interested in the sigma Bc 1609. Does any one know some good units that have good time features/ timers?

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I have a Vetta V100HR I like, Hr, Spd, Dis, Inter. and a fue outher things, Cad added. I like it, it was on sail when I baught it so that helped.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
You're probably not going to do better then Sigma, price-wise, unless the big box bike shop has their own brand on sale. Even then, it will be made by Sigma or Vetta.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tell ya what. By the end of the day last night I could not see straight. Too many options on the internet(s).

Ill check out the Vetta that Wild posted.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sigmas seem to be the best bang for the buck. They have more features than a similar priced Cateye and come with a 5 year warranty. Plus I like the look of them.

I have 3 Sigmas, one wired bc509 and two bc1609 double wireless with cadence. I highly recommend then.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank fez. I am leaning towards the BC1609. It has the features im looking for (timers/stopwatch) and has a nice big display. Loos good, I like the way it looks mounted on the stem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI, sir, if you think SIGMA or CATEYE is too expensive you may choose from us.

Aliexpress have that.

And you can see that from www.mabiao-88.com

just change the language.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I use a Blackburn Delphi.
$15 at Nashbar, with cadence.
Has 4 readouts on the screen at the same time
Ride time
Ride distance
Current speed
Cadence
Or several other options. This is how I have it set.

·
1,393 Posts
I would not buy a computer without cadence - my new one that is wireless seems handy - $69 Serfas 3.3 online almost anywhere

·
Registered
748 Posts
I ride with "perceived effort", mostly, and MPH. Need to go fast when training, fast as one can.
The cadence is, in my case, a training tool. I do(would use the word "compete" but that would be a loose usage)Triathlons. The object is to try to get the bike cadence as close to ones running cadence as possible. I am a short striker, running, so I need to get my bike cadence fairly high. For me that is 80 RPM. I can realistically can only maintain 70 rpm over a set time. My natural rpm seems to fall right at 70. I am also NOT strong, and can not mash a pedal. Some can mash a pedal, they are stronger physically, than I. But I can spin all day.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was using cadence to train and get a feel for the cadence. I can now feel when my cadence drops and mostly just watch speed and distance.

·
600 Posts
I've seen great reviews on the Sigma brand, and I recently purchased the BC2209 for my new Motobecane. I liked the large display that I can easily read at a glance.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
katz said:
I've seen great reviews on the Sigma brand, and I recently purchased the BC2209 for my new Motobecane. I liked the large display that I can easily read at a glance.
Large display FTW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts