Cycling android apps

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by photosbymark, Jul 24, 2010.

1. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Just got a new phone tonight, and it does have some neat potential. Anyone know of any really good apps for bikes?? Found a compass app, a speed app. Wondered if anyone has an app that you can use on the bike for speed, distance ect as well as the mapping features. Be cool if they had one. I could figure out a way to mount it to the bike.

2. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

What phone did you get? I am ready for an upgrade next month and I am seriously considering the Droid X. I just can't do the IPhone, don't really know why. Its not like I am against Apple, I have owned 3 different generations of IPod and loved them.

3. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  4. synack

synack The Back Row

I don't know how good it is but do a search for Trailguru. Let us know how it is. :)

5. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Well my initial reaction is quite positive. Compared to what I had almost anything would be. My initial reaction was to go I phone, but you can't get that anywhere but ATT. Where we live, Verizon has FAR superior coverage both where we are and where we travel. It was a choice between Blackberry and Droid and Droid was newer and faster. I think I have the Droid X, Motorola A855 I think it is.

Not as many aps as I phone yet, but there are a lot of them and its growing rapidly.

There is a handlebar mount for it already. I had trouble with the bike computer. Every time I move the bike, the sensor on the carbon fork slides and its getting to be a royal pain to get speed and distance to work. I carry the phone anyway. It has google mapping. If I could get the moving map with the speed and distance info, I'm good.