Cycling books

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by wild, Dec 29, 2009.

1. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

:thumbsup:Bicycling for Dummies realy a good book, lots of info and good to keep around for reference for a biginner like my self. Also :thumbsup:Nutrition for Peak Proformance lots of good info allso, My.02:D

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I love the for dummies series. Where did you find your copy?

3. wild

Under the tree, the wife got bouth books in a local used book store

4. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

I got the Parker Tool blue book mechanics book and the Bicycle mechanic book for the holidays.

5. wild

Have you loked thrugh them what do you think of them, thay were on my list. I allso have, the complete do it yourself bike book , it has helped me out a fue times.

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'll have to check out my local book store. Does it cover everything on cycling or just the actual riding around part? I mean does it also have the history of cycling and general info or is it just performance based?

7. wild

I didn't read it cover to cover I skiped around looking at things I wanted to, so I don't know about history but it covers just about every thing I want to know, including , Ten places you ought to ride at least once , It does go into some things like the 6 day bike race and outhers, how to fit your bike, how to buy a bike , setting up your bike, It is pertty complete.
    my .02

8. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I've had the Bicycling for Dummies book for a couple years now, and I intend on keeping it handy; it's an excellent reference.

The Park Repair Manual is also excellent.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Cool. Me and the Mrs's are stepping out today so I'm going to go by Half Price ooks and see if they have it.

10. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

I haven't gotten it yet, but I know I have seen it at my local Barnes and Noble and Borders Books. Seems to be pretty popular.