Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup:Bicycling for Dummies realy a good book, lots of info and good to keep around for reference for a biginner like my self. Also :thumbsup:Nutrition for Peak Proformance lots of good info allso, My.02:D

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Under the tree, the wife got bouth books in a local used book store

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,560 Posts
I got the Parker Tool blue book mechanics book and the Bicycle mechanic book for the holidays.

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you loked thrugh them what do you think of them, thay were on my list. I allso have, the complete do it yourself bike book , it has helped me out a fue times.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Under the tree, the wife got bouth books in a local used book store
I'll have to check out my local book store. Does it cover everything on cycling or just the actual riding around part? I mean does it also have the history of cycling and general info or is it just performance based?

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't read it cover to cover I skiped around looking at things I wanted to, so I don't know about history but it covers just about every thing I want to know, including , Ten places you ought to ride at least once , It does go into some things like the 6 day bike race and outhers, how to fit your bike, how to buy a bike , setting up your bike, It is pertty complete.
my .02

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
I've had the Bicycling for Dummies book for a couple years now, and I intend on keeping it handy; it's an excellent reference.

The Park Repair Manual is also excellent.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Cool. Me and the Mrs's are stepping out today so I'm going to go by Half Price ooks and see if they have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts