Cycling Casual Wear

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by funetical, Nov 23, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I was lookion at cycling clothing and came across a few sites offering Cycling Casual wear. I was wondering if people wore cycling clothes when there not cycling? Also I included a pic there called Commuter knickers but there just Capri's. They want $55 american.

Attached Files:

2. Smiley

Smiley New Member

I would look pretty silly wearing my padded shorts walking around. Not to mention, it isn't comfortable off the bike.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

But you wouldn't look like a plum smuggler.

4. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Ha! That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! How DO you boys carry that extra baggage around, that would be...uhm...annoying. :eek:

5. Industry_Hack

It took me a while to get used to it. I suppose it's really only an issue if you have too much, too little, or some sort of complex.

Biking shorts on guys are the equivalent of low cut dresses on women. It's OK to take a peek, but staring is rude.

6. Smiley

Smiley New Member

That's a good analogy!

7. Industry_Hack

Back on topic, Old Navy used to carry some sweet messenger style shorts, and they were priced really well too.

8. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

Unpadded tights work well for running on colder days as well as spinning. My Gore bike jacket gets more use off the bike than on.

9. poopiehead

poopiehead New Member

"I was wondering if people wore cycling clothes when there not cycling?"

Well, if your day-to-day includes spontaneous cycling, then yes!

If you're looking for cycle-able clothes that look ok in public, try a super lightweight pair of dress pants (a few dollars from any thrift store) with the legs rolled up. Dark colors make it harder to see butt sweat.

As for shirts, I own some champion "C9" plain black t's that are all synthetic but look normal and cotton-y.

The aforementioned combination of tops and bottoms is super discrete but works quite well in all but the hottest weather. Wear actual lycra cycling shorts under the pants when actually planning on cycling in such casual wear.

10. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

There are a number of types of mountain bike shorts available which look like "normal" shorts but have an inner compression liner with or without chamois.

11. gatorguy

gatorguy New Member

Maybe NSFW?

Some do a better job of it than others...

[​IMG]

I hope this doesn't offend the sensitivities of others.

12. KShep

KShep Zensunni Wanderer

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

there's nothing to be offended about just don't look in the red highlighted areas.

14. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

Now...
    That gave me a good laugh...
    THANKS!

(now you see why there are so many q's about bike saddles.)